Friday, May 22, 2009

Maternity Leave

Today was my last day of work, making my official Maternity Leave start NOW! I am so fortunate to work for a company that lets us take off 3 weeks before our due date. Wow, I'm lucky!

And because I don't have anything else exciting to write for now, I'll close with a lovely exchange between myself and Rich.

I had fixed my plate of dinner, and as I was eating I said, "I'm full. My eyes were bigger than my belly when I fixed this."

Silently, he looked over at me, raised his eyebrows and pointedly looked down at my belly, as if to say "I find that hard to believe."

I'm not sure if he meant, 'Wow, it would be impossible for anything to be bigger than that belly'. Or maybe, 'I'm shocked that you can't finish your plate when your belly looks plenty large enough to hold that dinner and maybe the next few dinners comfortably.'

Either way, no words were exchanged. Just that meaningful look.

1 comment:

Lea said...

Too funny! Congrats on having some time off before you have that baby. Enjoy every second by going out to dinner and movies and living it up (as much as a woman who is 9 months pregnant can)! I'm so excited for you and can't believe your due date is right around the corner!