Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dance like no one is watching...

When I was a kid, I loved to dance. I didn't know how to dance, but at the time, I didn't really care.  When I heard a song that I liked, I made the adults sit down on the couch and watch my performance....which consisted of a few leaps, jumps, and sprints from one side of the room to the other.  It was quite comical, as they have loved to tell me even to this day.  And somewhere along the path of growing up, I learned that dancing should be done a certain way, should be contained and left to those who 'know' how to do it.  In some ways, it's sad, because there really is no joy like unrestrained DANCING.  This video, done by Matt Harding, is so inspirational because it shows that people from all over the world know this same joy and that it connects us.  And in a time when the news has a different war story on it everyday, it's important to search for these connections, to know that despite different beliefs, languages and colors, we all have a desire to know joy and love and laughter.  Enjoy....


Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.

No comments: