Friday, March 5, 2010

Week in review....

I apologize for the lack of posts lately.  I don't like to complain a lot, and usually when I don't have lots of positive things to talk about, I tend not to have a lot to say.  But this has been a trying time lately, between Alex's ailments, working, and all of the other typical things everyone deals with.  My friend Saundra came to visit for a couple days, and we had plans to fly to California for the weekend (leaving Alex with Rich).  But Alex came down with another double ear infection, so I canceled the trip to stay home with her.  She seems to be healed up from the ear infection but has now developed a very bad cold or a case of RSV.  When it rains, it pours!  

The pediatrician referred us to an ear/nose/throat physician, who recommended ear tubes. We are going to have the surgery in a week.  I am not happy about the idea of Alex going under anesthesia, but I have heard from other parents who say it isn't as scary as it sounds, so I am hoping and praying for the best.  We are hoping for an end to these infections!

Other than that, we are trying to plan our big move in a month.  We have ZERO boxes packed! This is so unlike me.  I guess we will make it happen though, and we are getting very excited to move into the new house, which happens to have a jetted tub in the master bathroom!  I am going to need some relaxation time, and I already have imagined the bubble baths in my future! 

Alex is SO close to crawling.  She has started the rocking motion on her arms.  We've seen her move by scooting on her bottom to get to a toy, but she hasn't figured out the full crawling motion yet.  The daycare ladies let me know last week that they are moving her up to the next room and I was so sad that she is going into the crawling baby room!  My baby isn't big enough for that room! Before we know it, she's going to be walking?

3 comments:

Sarah LeSueur said...

I know...they grow WAY too fast. I have bittersweet feelings too! Don't be too concerned about her ear tubes. At the surgery center I worked at in AZ we did TONS of ear tubes. The babies did so good. They wake up so fast and go right home. They don't even need an IV. I think you will be glad after she gets them. She's had a lot of infections. She'll be back to normal later that day. Where is she having them done at? Good luck, I'll be thinking of her!

Jen said...

Thank you Sarah! We are doing it at an outpatient surgicenter in central Phoenix.

Lea said...

I'll send some good thoughts yours and Alex's way that the tubes go well! You have a lot going on right now - hope it all goes smoothly for you!