Monday, October 12, 2009

30th Birthday

I turned 30 earlier this month! I can't believe I'm in my 30s now--sometimes I still feel like I did when I was 18.  I had a wonderful day of celebrating.  I went to breakfast with my mom and Alex at my favorite local restaurant and then we went shopping for the day.


Later that night, Rich and I met up with a few friends for dinner at Four Peaks.  It is a very casual brewery restaurant that I used to love going to while I was in college, and it was great to go back.


Rich brought the cake to the restaurant secretly--my favorite Red Velvet Cake.  What a great surprise!

I got some very special presents from everyone.  Rich had bought me a necklace on our honeymoon that was one of my favorite pieces of jewelry, and Sadie (our wonderful Labrador) found it a few months ago and chewed it up into pieces.  I was so sad about it, but Rich did some research and found a replacement, which he gave me for my birthday!  Yay hubby! My parents gave me a beautiful locket and Rich's parents gave me a mother and child pendant necklace.  It was the year of jewelry--am I seriously spoiled or what?!!!

Rich's parents babysat Alex for us while we went to dinner.  Look how cute she is with her Grandpa!  

What a great way to turn 30!

No comments: