Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thumb-lover!

My first 2 days at work went well. I woke up at 2 am on the first day and couldn't get back to sleep because I was so anxious about it, but after I left the house and shed a couple tears, I was just fine. (Very tired, but fine.) And Alex did great with her Daddy and Gamma too. Of course it helped me that we were in a sales meeting for half the day followed by a team-building bowling outing in the afternoon--not exactly a grueling work-day by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a nice way to ease back into work.

I did have to break my own rule when I left the house though. Normally when Rich leaves for work around 5 a.m., he wants to go and kiss Alex good-bye, but I always ask him not to so that he doesn't wake her (and I can sleep in too!). Selfish of me, I know, but his little 2 second goodbye kiss costs me a couple hours of valuable sleep! On my first day of work, he suggested that I wake her up before I left so that I could get in my snuggle fix. Thanks hubby!

When I went into get her, here is what I discovered:

We put her to sleep in the parallel position, and she managed to wiggle her way around the crib on her back!

And look who found her thumb!

Uh-oh, braces here we come!

1 comment:

Lea said...

So glad the first week wasn't too traumatic!