Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm a student again...

I've enrolled in two classes (Microbiology and Anatomy & Physiology) that are pre-requisites to Nursing School. They are actually online courses, the first I've ever taken, and I have to say that I like the format. I was reluctant to take an online class, but it's been a week, and despite a few setbacks I'm impressed.

A few highlights from my first week....

*Studying for 3 hours so I could take my first quiz and then my computer freezing on the second question.

*Listening to the Tech Support guy tell me that this is a common glitch with their Mac users. Would have been a good piece of information before the quiz.

*The "How to use a Microscope" DVD that came with the class. You sit and watch a video of someone looking into a microscope. I think it's akin to when I watch the exercise shows on FIT-TV and never get off my couch. Not very effective.

*The "virtual cadaver" CD Rom where you use your mouse to "dissect" open the body parts. No smelly lab. Yay technology!

And finally...

*Feeling so excited to be learning something again. I've missed it. I would be a life long student if I could afford it. But this will do in the meantime.

Okay, I'm off to go study some more.

1 comment:

Lea said...

Good for you! I have a friend who is taking A&P, and she is not at all excited about dissecting a cadaver. I would much prefer your way!