Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hello!

I'm new to this blog thing,  but I thought it could be a fun way to chronicle our first year of marriage.  I tend to have a fuzzy memory and always wished I was better about journaling so that I could better remember events, so this will be my new 'journal'.  But less like a journal.  I probably won't be sharing my deepest inner thoughts on here, but at least it will be a glimpse of them.  

We were married on April 26, 2008, which makes us officially newlyweds.  But it's almost been four months since then!  Time goes by so quickly....

Here is a highlight from our first four months: 
  • After our wonderful Maui wedding/honeymoon, we came back to Phoenix and decided to immediately expand our family.  With a puppy.  We adopted our yellow Lab, Sadie (short for Sadist) on May 11 when she was 8 weeks old.  She was really quiet and sleepy at the breeder's house, and I remember thinking, "I hope she's going to be more playful than this when we bring her home."  Yikes.  Talk about eating your words.  Playful was an understatement.  She is a ball of terror and teeth, intent on destroying my sanity.  I will keep you updated on Sadie Monster (her new loving nickname).
  • Sarah and Leon, my family from Georgia, came to visit us in May.   They hadn't met Rich before, so hopefully they weren't too shocked! ha!  We had a great time with them hanging out by the pool, eating some good dinners and just relaxing together.
  • Rich and I took a road trip to Pagosa Springs, Colorado because Sarah and Leon gave us their timeshare points.  
  • We survived another Phoenix summer, our first one in our new home with the pool, which made it bearable.  We had a few pool parties and weekend layout sessions.  Not a bad way to escape our ridiculous heat.  
That's pretty much the recap.  I'll try to keep this updated as we go....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your wedding and your blog! :)